Sunday, June 21, 2009

Losing & Regaining My Voice

It has been six weeks since the last time I visited a hospital with MOC. I had a procedure done on my left arm, which is taking a long time to recover. Despite pain (but not against medical advice) I played at church today for the second time since the procedure.

"So glad to have you back with us," our drummer leaned over and whispered during the sermon. "How are you feeling, really?"

Not great, really. But I miss playing too much, like someone misses speaking after staying silent for weeks. I don't just miss my violin voice, I miss the reaction of people who listen: the look of understanding, a simple sign of acknowledging a heartfelt message received.

Soon. I will return soon to the bedsides. And oh, thank you, MOC, for the lovely get-well card you sent me.

No comments: